Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Epic 2014

After watching the "Epic 2014" video I was initially shocked. I never realized the overall power and different applications of Google. I am a Google user who has a Gmail account and everyday types something into . All in all, I feel like I am just scraping the surface of what Google has created. Since then I have been logging into Googlenews more frequently , personalizing my Google page and creating blogs. 

I find it important for companies to branch out into different areas and partner up with different companies. However, I feel like Google is in one way or another trying to take over the world. After watching the video, I have begun to wonder if everything I log into on the internet has some connection to the Google industry. I do feel kind of bad for the New York Times, who in this particular situation seems like the prey of Google. I feel that the NYT has and still is an incredible source. I've just come to the conclusion that Google is becoming too obsessed with taking over everything.  At some point Google needs to realize that they can't be good at every single thing on the internet. 

Now don't get me wrong I love Google and everything it has to offer to the common human being. There is news, mail accounts, different types of search engines, and ways of personalizing your own Google sight just to name a few. In every Google application there is a lot of space, a lot to do with it, and it is very fast. All in all, it caters to any individual who wants to search, purchase, be  informed and get things done easily and fast. 

No comments: