Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mr. Pogue on Leopard Technology rather than Perez on Britney

One of our newest assignments in Multimedia class is to search for a news or technology based blog. Sadly, the only blogs I look at are relating to fashion and gossip (ie. Perez Hilton). I am embarrassed to say that I am an obsessed viewer. For some reason I am highly entertained by trashy celebrities and their issues.

Thankfully, Professor Fox helped steer me in the right direction of REAL news sites and their blogs. One of the blogs he recommended was David Pogue's Latest in Technology on The New York Times. I do have to say that I am interested in this topic. Plus, it keeps me updated with the newest technology.

Today's topic from Pogue's blog was on the update of the Macintosh Leopard program. Pogue had blogged previously on the the introduction of the program. Unfortunately when the program first came out Mr. Pogue was not too happy because of 3 concerns: 1. The stacks application is not showing all of it's contents. 2. The see through menus are hard to read. 3. The automated syncing is not working properly.

Fortunately, however, in the recent upgrade, Mac has managed to fix all of these problems and therefore, made Mr. Pogue a happy customer. In his most recent blog he points out that now the stacks application properly displays all it's contents, there is a control bar for the menu on how light/dark you want it and lastly, the syncing ability now works!

This makes me very happy. I am currently a PC user but truly want to turn over to Mac someday. I own a lot of the Apple products but really want to get a Mac laptop due to my studies and love for photography. I am very content with the customer service and upgrades of Macintosh products.

Macintosh's OS X v10.5 Leopard runs for $129.00. It offers 300 different features to make your Mac computer work it's absolute best.




No comments: